BOE Establishes Temporary Ballot Collection Locations
Media Contact: Mary Louise Madigan: (216) 698-2521; firstname.lastname@example.org
CUYAHOGA COUNTY, OH - The Cuyahoga County Board of Elections today unanimously voted on a bi-partisan basis to establish temporary collection locations throughout the county for ballots and ballot applications. The BOE recognized the importance of giving people the ability to deliver their ballots securely to a bipartisan team of the Board of Elections at convenient locations and times around the county. This allows people to safely avoid standing in lines on election day during a pandemic, and it avoids potential delays at the post offices.
“I applaud the Board of Elections for their commitment to free and fair elections,” said County Executive Armond Budish. “People will now be able to stop at a local library pickup location and deliver their ballot or ballot application to a bipartisan team for immediate, secure delivery directly to the Board of Elections.”
While there is pending litigation in Franklin County over numbers of permanent drop boxes, the BOE’s action does not create additional permanent drop boxes. It only provides that the agents/staff of the BOE, appointed by the Director, may collect on his behalf voted ballots and applications at convenient locations directly from voters.
Dan Brady, Cuyahoga County Council President added, “I am very pleased with the action taken today by the County Board of Elections. It is very important during this time that we give citizens every opportunity to participate in this important election.”
The hours and locations are:
Hours of temporary collection of VBM Ballots at libraries
Commencing on October 13, 2020, the CCBOE will staff the temporary collection locations on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. The corresponding dates are as follows:
- Tuesdays – October 13, 20, 27
- Thursdays – October 15, 22, 29
- Saturdays – October 17, 24, 31
Locations of library temporary collection sites for VBM Ballots
The CCBOE will utilize a combination of Cuyahoga County and Cleveland Public Libraries for this process. The same locations will be utilized and staffed by the CCBOE on the aforementioned nine (9) dates. The locations are as follows:
Cuyahoga County Libraries:
- Fairview Park Branch – 21255 Lorain Road
- North Royalton Branch – 5071 Wallings Road
- S. Euclid-Lyndhurst Branch – 1876 S. Green Road
Cleveland Public Libraries:
- South Brooklyn Branch – 4303 Pearl Road
- Harvard-Lee Branch – 16918 Harvard Avenue
- Glenville Branch – 11900 St. Clair Avenue
Hours and location for the temporary collection of VBM Ballots at the CCBOE
To complement the permanent drop off box located at the CCBOE’s Office, we will also have a temporary site for collecting VBM Ballots in the parking lot at the Campus International High School located at 3100 Chester Avenue.
This location will be staffed and open for VBM Ballot collection all hours the CCBOE is open for EIP Voting starting on Tuesday October 13, 2020. The hours of operation for this collection site are as follows:
- Weekdays, October 13 – October 16, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Weekdays, October 19 – October 23, 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 24, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, October 25, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Weekdays, October 26 – October 30, 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, October 31, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, November 1, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Additionally, this temporary location will be staffed:
- Monday, November 2, 8:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 3, 8:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.