A core responsibility of our Cuyahoga County Government is to identify opportunities for shared services across the 59 municipalities that lie within the county and then to work collaboratively with those communities to implement the programs.
- Our Public Works Department provides sewer maintenance and road work to approximately 35 communities.
- The County Planning Commission provides master plans for communities throughout the area.
- The Information Technology Department provides an array of services for communities, including web design, development, hosting and GIS sharing.
- The Medical Examiner’s office opened a Regional Crime Lab in 2015 that provides enhanced fingerprinting and ballistics capabilities free of charge to area law enforcement.
- The Sherriff’s Department provides free awareness and defense training for any group within Cuyahoga County though the S.A.V.E. (Strategies Against Violent Encounters) initiative.
The Impact Unit for the Sherriff’s Department provides (upon approved request) access to trained deputies to assist any local law enforcement entity within Cuyahoga County in all facets of community oriented policing and ultimately impacting crime and the quality of life within Cuyahoga County.
- We continue to consolidate the Public Safety Answering Points (County 911 system) by encouraging communities to join Regional Dispatch Centers.
- Our Justice Services/Public Safety group continues to upgrade emergency assistance throughout the county by helping communities deploy “ReadyNotify” and by certifying communities in emergency response.