Home > Public Policy Fellowship Program
Public Policy Fellowship Program
Launched in 2011 by the Office of the Cuyahoga County Executive, the Cuyahoga County Public Policy Fellowship has provided an in-depth look into local government to over 70 aspiring public and nonprofit sector leaders. Through this experiential learning program, fellows are placed within County departments for a period of eight weeks during the months of June and July. Department placements provide opportunities for students to build their professional profile through work on special projects, policy development, and research. In addition to department placements, scheduled enrichment activities provide fellows with an opportunity to make professional connections with senior staff and introduce fellows to the diverse work of County government.
- Provide a practical experience in Cuyahoga County government
- Inspire innovative, effective, and ethical public leadership for Northeast Ohio
- Invigorate County projects by injecting fresh eyes and new perspectives
- Public Policy Fellows are paid an hourly rate of $12.00 for their participation in the program.
- Fellows are assigned an agency site supervisor based upon their placement and work assignment. Additional assistance, feedback and monitoring will be provided by the Public Policy Fellowship Program Coordinator, who is a staff member designated by the Executive.
- Each participant is provided a workspace with information technology and access to other materials and resources, as appropriate.
- Fellows author a final report of their overall experience and the specifics of their project. The report enriches the Fellow’s professional portfolio and provides direction for future county projects. Reports are presented during a Fellowship Symposium scheduled during the final week of the program.
Thank you for your interest in the Cuyahoga County Public Policy Fellowship. The application period for the 2020 program has closed. Applications for the 2021 program will be accepted beginning in December of 2020.
For general program inquiries, contact Becky Eby in the Cuyahoga County Office of Innovation and Performance at firstname.lastname@example.org or (216) 698-6628.