Home > Public Policy Fellowship Program
Public Policy Fellowship Program
The Public Policy Fellowship Program was established by the Office of the Cuyahoga County Executive in 2011 to cultivate the next generation of public sector leaders in Northeast Ohio. Through the Program, which operates during the summer, entrepreneurial and highly motivated undergraduate and graduate level students gain a broad overview of county government through practical experience in a variety of policy areas. Fellows are provided with opportunities to:
- Make personal and professional connections with the County Executive and senior staff; County Council members and senior legislative staff; other Fellows; and outside agencies partnering with the County on various program initiatives
- Participate in site visits to various county facilities
- Develop new ideas for projects and policies
- Draft policy proposals to address emerging issues
- Learn and test new skills
- Attend press conferences, County Council hearings, and staff meetings
- Plan and present a “Fellowship Symposium”
- Provide a practical experience in Cuyahoga County government
- Inspire innovative, effective, and ethical public leadership for Northeast Ohio
- Invigorate County projects by injecting fresh eyes and new perspectives
- Public Policy Fellows are paid an hourly rate of $12.00 for their participation in the program.
- Fellows are assigned an agency site supervisor based upon their placement and work assignment. Additional assistance, feedback and monitoring will be provided by the Public Policy Fellowship Program Coordinator, who is a staff member designated by the Executive.
- Each participant is provided a workspace with information technology and access to other materials and resources, as appropriate.
- Fellows author a final report of their overall experience and the specifics of their project. The report enriches the Fellow’s professional portfolio and provides direction for future county projects. Reports are presented during a Fellowship Symposium scheduled during the final week of the program.
View or download the Public Policy Fellow description by visiting our Job Listings Page
If you are interested in applying open the Login drop down menu on the top right-hand corner of our Job Listings page and select Register.
The 2019 Application Deadline is January 31, 2019.
For general program inquiries, contact Becky Eby in the Cuyahoga County Office of Innovation and Performance at firstname.lastname@example.org or (216) 698-6628. If you need assistance with registering as an applicant, please contact Tabitha Nuhfer in the County’s Department of Human Resources at email@example.com or (216) 443-7164.