Cuyahoga County to Honor United States Military Veterans During "Military Saves Week"
Jeane’ Holley: (216) 698-2544, (216) 640-0821 or email@example.com
– Cuyahoga County will honor honorably discharged United States Military Veterans during “Military Saves Week”, February 22nd - February 27th, by waiving the $1 fee to obtain a Veterans ID Card. ID Cards may be obtained between the hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. at the Cuyahoga County Administrative Headquarters, located at 2079 East Ninth Street.
“Our Veterans have given so much to serve and protect our country. We are proud to make it easier for them to prove Veteran status so they can receive necessary services,”
said County Executive Armond Budish.
The Veterans ID Card serves as a document identification card, not a State ID card, and will only contain the information found on a redacted DD214. Veterans ID cards may be used to prove United States Veteran status, for veterans’ services, military discounts, etc. Veterans will be charged a $1.00 fee for the card after “Military Saves Week”, and the cards will expire four years from their issue date.
Sample Veterans ID Card
In order to obtain the card, honorably discharged veterans must provide a recorded DD214- Military Discharge Paper. DD214 forms can be accepted for filing from residents of any county or state at the Recording Division of the Fiscal Department. The DD214 is not a public record, per ORC 317.24. There is no charge to record or retrieve a copy of a DD214.
Veterans must also provide two forms of proper identification to verify their identity and address, in order to obtain the card.
A current, valid photo ID. Acceptable forms of photo identification include:
- Driver’s License from any state
- State Identification Card from any state
- Military Identification Card (current)
- Any U.S. government-issued identification card
One of the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Employment Identification Card
- Military Identification Card (can be expired)
- Library Card
- Checking Account
- Utility bill
- Proof of marriage, divorce, or other name change is required.
For more information or questions, please contact the Cuyahoga County Fiscal Department, Transfer & Recording Department, 216-443-7089.