Local Screening Committee Selected for Hiring of New Sheriff
Mary Louise Madigan: (216) 698-2521, email@example.com
CUYAHOGA COUNTY, OH
County Executive Names Acting Sheriff During Transition
– Cuyahoga County is working with a group of law enforcement, mental health and health experts to support the selection process for a new county sheriff, along with hiring a professional search firm to conduct a national search.
Members of the screening committee are:
• Judge Ronald Adrine (former Administrative Judge, Cleveland Municipal Court)
• Susan Neth (CEO, FrontLine Service)
• Police Chief Kelly Stillman, Rocky River
• Police Chief Edward Tomba, Middleburg Heights (former Deputy Chief, Cleveland Police)
• Dr. Reginald A. Wilkinson (Director (Ret.), Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction)
• Dr. Sherrie Williams (Board Member, Cuyahoga County Board of Health)
The committee will interview finalists identified through a national search, projected to be 3-5 candidates. County staff will convey committee members’ valuable feedback to County Executive Armond Budish for his consideration and selection of a final candidate, who will then be nominated and submitted for the confirmation process to Cuyahoga County Council.
“We are continuously working to improve conditions at the jail in a multitude of ways,”
said County Executive Armond Budish. “By consulting and utilizing the expertise of these local leaders, we can ensure that the most talented person is being hired for such a critical role.”
Executive Budish also appointed Lieutenant Bryan Smith, with 22-years’ experience in the Sheriff’s office, to serve as Acting Sheriff during the search process. Lieutenant Smith will take office on August 5th, following the retirement of Sheriff Clifford Pinkney.