Daily Media Briefing Recap March 13, 2020
Joint Information Center: JIC@cuyahogacounty.us; 216-443-5245
CUYAHOGA COUNTY, OH — Today the Cuyahoga County Board of Health held a morning briefing regarding COVID-19 at their offices at 5550 Venture Drive, Parma, Ohio 44130 at 8:45 a.m. The briefings will continue until the COVID-19 situation no longer merits daily messaging.
Below are points discussed by Cuyahoga County Board of Health Commissioner Terry Allan:
Summary of Governor DeWine’s briefing from Thursday, March 12, 2020:
- All kindergarten through 12th grade schools will be closed for a period of several weeks. Beginning at the conclusion of the school day on Monday, March 16, all K-12 schools will close to students through Friday, April 3. This order includes all public, community, and private K-12 schools in the state, but does not apply to Ohio’s childcare system such as daycare centers and home-based childcare providers.
- Mass gatherings of 100 or more people in the same room or space at same time are prohibited, including parades, fairs and festivals. This does not include offices, restaurants, grocery stores, airports, and religious gatherings.
- Visitation at nursing homes and psychiatric hospitals will be prohibited.
- COVID-19 is spread through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Put distance between yourself and other people. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick, such as older adults and people who have serious chronic medical conditions like heart disease, diabetes, or lung disease.
Large Group Events:
- Stay home on St. Patrick’s Day, do not gather in groups. We are taking these types of precautions to minimize the spread of disease throughout the community.
- Cuyahoga County residents can vote early at the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections located at 2925 Euclid Ave., Cleveland Ohio. For more information, visit Cuyahoga County Board of Elections. Poll workers are being trained on sanitation procedures.
The number of confirmed persons with COVID-19 remains at 3 in Cuyahoga County.
Daily media briefing recap for March 11, 2020: http://executive.cuyahogacounty.us/en-US/031120-DailyMediaRecap.aspx
Daily media briefing recap for March 12, 2020: http://executive.cuyahogacounty.us/en-US/March12-Daily-Media-Briefing-Recap.aspx
For more information from the Board of Health, visit https://www.ccbh.net/.
For information from the CDC, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html.
For information from the Ohio Department of Health, visit https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/ or call 1-833-4-ASKODH.